NOLOSE 2008 Conference
Clarion Hotel, Northampton, Mass.
Housing, Hotel and TravelNoHo, here we come!
NOLOSE attendees can house anywhere from 1-4 people per room. The room types available are: 1 king bed or 2 queen beds. The Clarion is only holding rooms for our group through August 25th, after which they're turning them over to the general public, so reserve now! You can always cancel later without penalty, up to 24 hours of your reservation. A wedding will be taking place that weekend, so we'd hate for you not to be able to, as they say: get a room.
Group rates for rooms are as follows:
- $119/night (for 1-2 people)
- $129/night (for 3 people)
- $139/night (for 4 people)
Additionally, cots are available upon request for $12 per night. You may also request a mini-fridge for your room for an additional service fee.
Important: Please make sure to mention that you're booking with NOLOSE! We request that you call toll-free (within the U.S.) at 800-582-2929 (or 1-413-586-1211) to reserve by phone, as there is no online booking code available for our bloc.
More hotel information can be found here.
Interested in rooming up? We can help you double or triple up. Just send your preferences to jodi at nolose.org and we'll help you find a roommate!Accessibility
Please see our accessibility page for more information.
- The hotel and all conference events are wheelchair-accessible. Additionally, there is wheelchair access to the pool, though no ramp-with-rails into the pool.
- Please read more about our low-scent policy.
- There are a number of wheelchair-accessible rooms available. Most have bathtubs with regular seats, with very limited rooms available that have a roll-in shower. Please make sure to specify the level of access you need when making your reservation.
- We're excited to say that the hotel main lobby bathrooms are gender neutral by design! Would but that more facilities planned accordingly...
- Lastly: while we do not allow pets at NOLOSE to make it more accessible to people with allergies, this is a "pet-friendly" hotel, and there will be at least one assistance animal present. That said, the majority of hotel rooms in our bloc are not pet-friendly. Please specify your needs when making your reservation! I.e., let them know if you need a non-pet-friendly room (where no pets are ever allowed), or whether you have an assistance animal and require a pet-friendly room.
Do you have other accessibility needs or concerns? Please contact our Accessibility Coordinator, jen at nolose.org.Maps/Transportation
(Feel free to also check out the hotel's transportation page).
Air travel: The easiest way to get to the hotel from either of these airports is a shuttle (see below).
>> The nearest airport is the Bradley Intl. Airport (BDL), about 40 minutes' drive away (37.0m/59.5km)
>> Boston's Logan Intl. Airport is about 1 1/2 hours' drive away (105m/169km)
A NOLOSE friend in Northampton writes:
Bradley is MUCH, MUCH better to fly into than Boston, unless there's a reason you want to be in Boston. Much closer. Much less congested. Prices are usually comparable...
If people do fly into Boston, in the absence of a ride or a rental car [or airport shuttle], the thing to do is probably to get to South Station (you can take a cab there or there are also shuttles that run from there to the airport). From there, you can catch a Peter Pan bus to Northampton or an (infrequent, so again, I've never done it) Amtrak to Springfield, and then proceed as above.
There's no Amtrak to Northampton. There's Amtrak to Springfield, and the Peter Pan bus station, where you can catch a bus to Northampton, is within walking distance, if you can walk with a long city block and a half with your bags, or there are also cabs at the train station that you can take either to catch a bus, or (for -- what? around $40, maybe, I think) to Northampton. Once in Northampton, if you come in at the bus station, you'd still need to get a cab (or a ride from friends, etc) to the hotel.
None of that really helps with the airport, though. It's definitely not a good idea to try to get into Hartford to take Amtrak to Springfield. You need to take a shuttle, a cab, get a ride or rent a car.
>>Valley Transporter runs shuttles from Bradley, Boston and NY airports: (413) 253-1350
>>Seemo Shuttle provides shuttle service to and from Bradley, Boston and New York airports: (413) 586-1120
>>Exclusive Car Service Inc provides private car service to and from Bradley, Boston, and New York airports: (877) 695-4665
>> The Taxi:
>> Paradise Taxi: 413-584-0055
>> Cool Rides Cab: 413-584-4563