NOLOSE 2011: What to Bring?
We have some suggestions!
For the pool:
- Swimwear. Our pool is *not* clothing-optional. That said, swimwear can be whatever you find comfortable.
- Unscented sunscreen and sun-protective clothing.
- Pool toys! Beach balls, noodles, rafts, whatever floats your boat!
- Warm layers so you can enjoy hanging out outside in the cooler evenings!
For the love of crafts:
- Deck Out Your Deck Contest! All hotel rooms have courtyard-facing balconies perfect for displaying your personal style, room name, or slogan. Bring posterboard or fabric with your favorite body-positive message (and string to tie it on). Bring scarves, boas, ribbons, disco balls, socks, jocks, whatever says "celebration" to you! The only limit is your imagination. And, you know. What you can fit in your luggage. Picture it!
- Arts-Crafts-Games Mix'n'Mingle - There will be a lot of late night action happening Friday after our reception and Opening Address. We also like to plan something low key. Behold: the Crafty Mix'n'Mingle. It's such a mellow way to hang out and socialize and/or do your own thing as you settle in. Past crafts have included shrinky dink art and macaroni-bean art. Locals or people driving: PLEASE BRING ARTS & CRAFTS SUPPLIES AND GAMES, if you can! We'll have some, but could really use your touch and materials/games of choice.
For the win:
- Unscented products. Please review our low scent policy. A lot of us have fragrance and chemical sensitivities.
- Musical instruments! People will be casually and spontaneously playing. Bring your instrument(s), if you'd like to join in!
- Cash to buy plus-sized merch from our wonderful vendors and from our silent auction, or for our no-host bar in the evenings.
- Room amenities: we'll have a hospitality suite stocked with snacks and beverages, and will provide a cash-only no-host bar in the evenings; but we welcome you to bring whatever beverages/snacks you prefer for your room.
- Your wits, your laugh, your game. Bring it!