On-site Vending and Advertising Information
Vendors:Come join us to sell your fat-friendly wares!
- Sizing: we require all clothing and jewelry vendors to have some options in superfat (4X and larger) sizes, and to mark clearly where they are located.
- If you are not otherwise attending the conference, the vending fee is $175. You will receive a round (dining) table and 2+ chairs to set up your wares in the main ballroom at the venue (Oakland Econo Lodge and Suites). Vending will be from 12:30-4:30 on Saturday, September 8th. Setup time will start at around 12pm, and cleanup must be finished by 5pm.
- NOLOSE attendees (full conference) will have the vending fee waived, and are welcome to sell at the fair in exchange for a donation of goods/services to our silent auction.
- A select number of NOLOSE attendees are welcome to vend out of their private first-floor rooms for no additional fee. Because we require all vending to be accessible to all—but because half of our rooms are on the 2nd floor, which is inaccessible to many—we are limiting this option to only a few vendors, as our priority is to keep accessible rooms available to conference attendees who need them.
- Attendance: while non-attending vendors are welcome to sell at the event, only NOLOSE attendees (maximum: 200) will be present as shoppers.
Your vending fee includes the following additional items:
- Graphic and link on the convention website at www.nolose.org.
- One space on our registration table (flyer/postcard/business card).
- A text listing in our conference booklet. (We will list all vendors in our program, but you are welcome to purchase a display ad as well.)
Equipment: Phone lines, electrical outlets, and extension cords are the sole responsibility of the vendor. Contact the Oakland Econo Lodge Inn ((510) 635-1892) for information about these services and to place your order.
Box Policy: If you are shipping boxes to the hotel, they must be marked clearly with your company information and room number and sent to the hotel. A handling fee may be charged for all shipments. Boxes are to arrive no earlier than 72 hours prior to your arrival. The Hotel will not be liable for any packages stored on property. All shipments are to be pre-arranged with the Hotel.
Vendor registration deadline is July 15th! To sign up for vending:
Please register for your vending slot by contactingabby at nolose.org. Payment is due by July 15th via PayPal; our PayPal account is under email@example.com. If paying by check, please make checks out to NOLOSE and send to:
P.O. Box 5475
Oakland, CA 94605
This is only the third time the NOLOSE conference will take place on the West Coast, and we want your business/publication/project to be visible!
NOLOSE '12 program advertising rates:
- Business card (3.7"w x 2"h, b/w) - $35
- 1/4 page (3.7"w x 4.85"h, b/w) - $50
- 1/2 page (7.5"w x 4.85"h, b/w) - $80
- Full Page (7.5"w x 10.5"h, b/w) - $120
- Inside front cover / inside back (full page, b/w)- $150
- Outer back cover (full page in color)- $220
- NOLOSE must receive your order and payment by July 15th. To reserve your ad, please email abby at nolose.org with your ad size. Payment can be made via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We must receive your correctly sized and camera-ready art by July 15th. Non-camera-ready art will be assessed an additional fee for graphic services. For further instructions and payment, please email abby at nolose.org.