Board index » General Discussion

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: men's clothes and where to find 'em
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:59 pm 

NOTE: i live in Bucks County, PA - ymmv

i really enjoyed the Fat Boy Modeling workshop

i learned that there's not an easy way to exchange girl sizes for boy sizes

i gained some confidence in my attempts to shop for boy clothes

yesterday, i was having a few skirts hemmed at my dry cleaners, when a loverly large man walked in. he was wearing a dress shirt (tucked in, with belt) and was picking up/dropping off several more

i liked his style and wanted to emulate it

so, i plucked up my courage, smiled my charm, and asked him where he shopped. (resisting saying that i was looking for me, in case that squicked him) (but also resisting making up a fat boy sweetie that i might be asking for, coz that's just silly)

he pointed out the difficulty, especially in dress shirts, the sort of hit/miss he's experienced. i was all sympathetic.

he says he's had good luck at Men's Warehouse and Jos A Banks - generally there are several styles in his size.

~claps~ next time my budget allows for clothes shopping, i'm so trying these spots

Post subject: Re: men's clothes and where to find 'em
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:04 pm 

Most of my clothes come from Casual Male or King Size. CM is more expensive, but the clothes are better made and nicer. If you're looking for super dressy, CM might be too casual.

Post subject: Re: men's clothes and where to find 'em
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:41 am 

I have some t-shirts from my friend Dorothy who passed away this summer. I didn't want to just donate them to the shelter, since I know she would've wanted them to go to someone who could appreciate & wear them. I thought some of you gals might be interested in them. They range in size from 4x to 7x and all have something feminist or lesbian on the front. If you're interested, please email me (yspring@ymail.com) with why you'd like them. I'll wait to get a handful of replies then pick the best one. Shipping is on me - no cost to the winner.

[ 3 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussion