Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: I'm new here
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:31 am 

Hi all

I'm new here. I did go to post this in the neet n greet but it was all spam, so I thought I'd come here instead. I hope that is OK.

My name is Angellore, I am 30 years old and I live in London, England. I guess I would be described as an ally! I am a UK size 22 and recently have got to know about the fat acceptance movement. I spent most of my life hating myself because I was 'overweight'. I was first made to believe that being fat was an issue when I was 13 and sent to the school nurse because I was skiving off of Phs Ed classes. The nurse told me I needed to lose weight and told me to stop eating potatoes. Potatoes?? Hello?? So that was the start of the roller coaster. I started Weight Watchers several times, and did reach 'goal' with them. Then it came back again!

But now I am working at accepting my body and realising that I am more than the sum of my fat! I love www.adipositivity.com and think the people on their look fantastic. Show me a picture of a fat person and a thin person and I will almost certainly tell you the fat is my preferred look. Its just seeing that on myself. I am getting there. I have good days and bad days. I hope I can get the help and support here, and offer it to others.

I also hope I can ateend No Lose 2010.

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » General Discussion