Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Caucuses

Forum rules

CAUCUSES are affinity groups for the various communities within nolose. Caucus forums are safe spaces for affinity group members to talk amongst themselves, if they wish to. You can only view and post to a caucus forum if you are a member of that caucus.

TO JOIN A CAUCUS FORUM, LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW INDICATING WHICH CAUCUSES YOU'D LIKE TO JOIN.

Current caucus forums include:
  • SuperFat Caucus. For folks who meet ONE of the following criteria: 1. You experience a significant ongoing or daily experience in which your size interferes with equal access to seating or mobility. -OR- 2. You wear sizes not carried at "fat stores" like Torrid, Lane Bryant, etc. -OR- 3. You weigh over 400 lbs. -OR- 4. You wear a 5X or larger.
  • People of Color Caucus. For self-identified people of color.
  • Trans Caucus
  • Disability Caucus. For folks with any kind of disability.
  • Over 40 Caucus
  • White Allies Caucus. A forum for white folks to discuss racism, white privilege, and what we can do to bring greater understanding and justice to our community.
  • Rural & Suburban Caucus. For rural and/or suburban queer fatties.

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: rural and suburban caucus
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 am 

I'd like to join the rural and suburban caucus. I currently live in a city, but have spent most of life living pretty rural, and I definitely feel that disconnect sometimes. I'd love to talk about it, and thought the people who posted on LJ had some really thought-provoking ideas.

Thanks!

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » Caucuses